System Test Engineer
Our System Test Department is seeking a System Test Engineer with strong scripting / programming skills to implement our test effort for our current state of the art satellite earth stations.
Your main responsibility will be to specify, perform both manual and automated tests on our satellite earth stations to ensure that the quality is correct before the system is delivered to the customer. This is a challenging position with a lot of responsibility and development opportunities.
You will be part of our R&D teams where you will handle the tasks in relation to verification and validation of systems software in collaboration with the systems organization. Your role will also be to represent our end users and ensure they get the best product. You must therefore also be able to work independently and in a structured manner and take responsibility for us delivering a product with a high quality.
Tasks – but not limited to are:
- Preparation of test plans and -specifications based on product requirements.
- Design and construct test environments and documentation of tests.
- Design, implement, and execute scripts for manual and automated testing.
- Verification and validation of new features and bug fixes.
- Troubleshoot and describe observed errors.
- Regression test and release test of new software releases.
- Review requirement specifications and technical product descriptions.
As a System Test Engineer at Cobham Satcom, you should ideally be:
- A bachelor’s or master's degree within Computer Science, but other educational backgrounds combined with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Background as an engineer and passionate about performing system tests.
- Experience in testing or development on embedded systems or software infrastructure.
- Good knowledge of networks and network protocols, as you can oversee and familiarize yourself with a complex system.
- Experience with script programming (Python), as well as Linux & Docker.
- Able to write structured and accurate test specifications.
- Structured and systematic – thorough and persistent as you continue until the task is solved.
This role is on site with possibility to work from home from time to time, and it is based at the Cobham Satcom headquarters in Kgs. Lyngby.
We encourage candidates to apply at first given chance as we will process applications and call in for interviews continuously.
Please be advised that successful candidates are to present their criminal record and go through the security clearance before commencing employment with Cobham Satcom.
Cobham Satcom is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.
Your future workplace
We are a global telecommunication company developing technology that keeps people safe and connected both on land and at sea when it matters the most. We are a growing, global tech company with a vision of being the leader in remote connectivity. Our solutions bring the internet on the move no matter where, and our solutions are trusted and used where communication is critical, or terrestrial infrastructure is inadequate, such as in refugee camps, disaster areas, or far out at sea.
This inspires our approx. 500 employees worldwide as they work to solve tasks with a strong sense of team spirit and are part of a diverse and multidisciplinary environment in our organization.
It will be an exciting and rewarding journey, so if you are up for a challenge, we hope to hear from you.
About Cobham Satcom
Cobham Satcom is part of the UK-based Cobham plc, whose products and services have been at the heart of sophisticated military and civil systems for more than 75 years.
For us, every connection matters and our satellite and radio communication terminals perform in the most challenging and remote environments on land and at sea and enable people to stay in touch. We design, manufacture, and sell these high-performance products under the EXPLORER, SAILOR, and Sea Tel brands providing customers with outstanding performance, value, and support through our global sales and service network. Our equipment and systems for global mobile communication are based on advanced satellite and radio technology and we have a world-leading market position. We are some 900 employees located in Denmark, the United States, China, Singapore, and South Africa.
Cobham Satcom technology, people, and skills have amongst other projects provided consecutive time to support the Volvo Ocean Race. Cobham Satcom is proud to have been the sponsor for Satellite and Radio Communications Equipment for several editions of the Volvo Ocean Race.